Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Medical Tourism - Hannah

Yesterday we learned about a big industry in Costa Rica called medical tourism. Apparently a lot of people come from the states to have quality medical procedures done for a fraction of the price.

So today I had the thought about LASIK. Hmmm...

I've wanted to get it done. Actually, as I'm writing this I notice that the font is too small and the words are blurry. I've wanted to get LASIK in the states, but I've never wanted to spend the four thousand it would cost. So I looked it up and saw that the good hospital in San Jose does it for $1600. (And on a side note, why can you never find out prices for medical procedures in the states?) The question is, would that be crazy to trust my eyes to surgeons in Costa Rica? I'm not sure.

Slightly less scary was the thought of Caleb's orthodontics. We're planning to start him on braces fairly soon after we get back to the United States. Our dental insurance doesn't cover orthodontics, so that would run us over $3000. I haven't found out prices here yet, but if we got him started down here, we might be able to save a good chunk of money. It seems safer than LASIK, anyway.

Just maybe though, I'll come back with a face lift, nose job, and tummy tuck. And Michael will have hair. You might not even recognize us.

P.S. We've gone to church for three weeks (the LDS church, that is), but apparently Dylan thought we were going to the Catholic church. I'm afraid we've thoroughly confused him.

3 comments:

  1. LOLOLOL! Everything about this post was funny. But don't come back with a facelift...that's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they'll screw up on your eyes and you'll have XRAY VISION!!!

    (also pass this along to caleb because I feel like he'd appreciate it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, x-ray vision would be way cool!! Maybe I'll have to go for it. And don't worry Emily; I'd never actually get some of those other procedures--I'd probably die from the anesthesia.

    ReplyDelete