Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Watching General Conference - Michael

On Saturday and Sunday, we watched General Conference. It was somewhat similar to our experience of listening to General Conference online, when we lived in Indiana, ten years ago. One tradition that started, when we were in Indiana is that General Conference involves a fair amount of candy. This was no exception, even though we paid $12 for a bag of candy that probably would have cost $6 or $7 in the U.S. Here's the family watching conference.


I just realized that the picture above the couch is crooked.


Because the screen wasn't very big, we set up two laptops to make it easier for both ends of the couch to see. However, they would quickly get out of sync, which we just lived with. One was muted, so that wasn't a problem.

We also kept the glass doors open, because otherwise that room can warm up a bit in the sun (probably would have been the perfect temperature for Hannah). I wish I would have gotten a picture of the neighbor dog that spent most of the day laying just outside the doorway.

While I really missed being able to go the Priesthood session with my brothers, it was a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, candy and conference....sounds like we might be starting a new tradition too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone enjoys it more this way, and the kids choose to be there. I think we all enjoy the time together. I like that there's no need to force the kids to be there. I think it has helped make conference all around a positive thing for the kids. When Hannah and I were out of town for conference two years ago, the kids watched it on their own. We left candy for them, but they chose to turn it on and watch.

      Delete