Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

San Pedro River - Hannah

Today some friends showed us a great river in San Pedro. Laura and Franklin, and their sweet daughters Anna, Sophia, and Camilla, are in our LDS branch. They were very fun and adventurous, and we went to a place that would have been difficult to find on our own.

We walked up the river and explored--I decided I need to buy some water shoes.


We made a rope swing from the vines.


We saw some wildlife, including this tiny frog, a bright neon frog, and a marten.


We found a few "water slides."


We enjoyed the cataratas (in Spanish this means waterfalls and cataracts). 


Laura found some orchids growing from a tree, so she pulled them down
and gave me some that I planted once we got home.
I'm looking forward to seeing the blooms.


We climbed up the waterfall.


We swam in the pool.


We did some cliff jumping--even me this time. 
I think I redeemed myself for not doing it last time.



We spent time with this happy man, who especially
enjoyed the trip after a particularly long work week. 


We watched this cute kid doing some "diving" :)


We enjoyed lunch together.


All in all, it was a great day with these people.









No comments:

Post a Comment