Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

A Bird in the House - Hannah

Today a bird flew into the house through our open door, and when attempting to fly back out flew into the glass doors. He was stunned but okay, so the kids picked him up and took turns holding and petting him.










But when the bird felt better, he took off flying in the house. He perched way up high in our living room and we were worried we wouldn't be able to get him down before we headed off on our trip to Panama tomorrow. Amazingly enough, the kids were able to startle him so he got flying again (though not through use of the rubberband guns, which I vetoed), and Jacob was able to catch him again and take him outside.




Bye bye birdie!


1 comment:

  1. That is cool. I had to catch a hummingbird that flew into my classroom one day, and I felt like I had outsmarted nature. Like, this isn't supposed to happen, but I'm totally holding a bird.

    ReplyDelete