Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Visit from Mom and Dad - Hannah

We've been so excited to have my parents come for a visit. We picked them up yesterday evening, and today had a relaxing day together. We had lots to show them and tell them about, and Mom was happy to finally warm up. She said she took her sweater off for the first time in two weeks. 

Michael had to work today, but the rest of us went on a little walk to see the landscape. We saw a big iguana sitting in a tree, leaf cutter ants, and lots of birds. We also showed them the touch-me-nots, cool little plants that close up when you touch them. 


We also spent some time sitting on the patio, drinking limeades, talking and watching for wildlife. 




And this evening our neighbors next door invited us all over for a birthday party. We enjoyed some good Costa Rican food and cake, and partied with karaoke and dancing. It was fun to do karaoke with my Dad, and see my parents dancing and enjoying the company. The language barrier didn't seem to keep any of us from having a good time.

I have pretty awesome parents, and am so happy to have them here. I'm looking forward to a great week with them.

1 comment: