Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Town of Puriscal - Hannah

We've been meaning to take a few pictures around Puriscal, and finally got around to it.

The police station where I went to report Dylan missing when he ran away

The Red Cross building, where I went to pay my utility bills
until I discovered I could also pay them at the grocery store.
Also, an ambulance like the one seen here once pulled
up to our house to deliver the phone book.

One of several car places we have been to,
which all tend to have cheap labor but expensive parts

The bakery where we get our bread every couple days

A newly built playground across from the bakery

The Mercado--basically a shopping mall with various produce, meat, and
 clothing vendors. We were happy when we found a vendor here who sold cocoa.

One of the vendors inside the Mercado

One of the many little produce stores around town.
This one has good pipas frias (coconut water). 

The entrance to Julia's school

The photo store where I got passport photos of the
 kids--needed for school registration

"Kinkos," where I get copies, lots of construction paper, and other office supplies

One of a couple pizza places in town--way overpriced for the product

The municipal building where I've had to pay a couple parking tickets
before I figured out where I could legally park

The boys' school, with the guard in front who lets the kids in and out

The small church next to the boys' school,
where Catholic class is taught

The post office.. Who would have thought, right?

The electronics store

The eye store, where I once took my glasses to be
repaired (they needed a new screw), and the woman
repaired them on the spot for no charge.

Our church, where we have met many great people

The much larger Catholic church across the street.
On Easter, we got to see a Catholic procession go by
while we were having Sacrament Meeting, complete
with a brass band and burning incense.

The hairdresser, where I recently received my first ever professional
hair color treatment for only $35

The large, deserted Catholic church, that like many other
Latin American towns, marks the center of the town.
This one is gated up and crumbling.

The plaza, a park adjacent to the large church where
many of the towns' activities take place

I hope you enjoyed your virtual tour of this colorful little town!

No comments:

Post a Comment